Saturday, November 29, 2008

Out of the mouths of wise men...

Every year for many years now, my daddy and step-mom have given each of their children some sort of nativity scene. I always look forward to seeing what they come up with each year. The nativities have ranged from puzzles to figurines.

Thanksgiving night, my boys and I started to get out some of the Christmas decorations. This set in particular was packed with each individual piece wrapped serarately. As I begin to set it up, I was asking will questions to see if he remembered who the pieces were.


1st there was baby Jesus and some of the animals. (I apologize for the sideways picture, but it is relevent to the story and I can't for the life of me figure out how to turn it!).


Then there is Mary and Joseph, looking down at the sweet baby Jesus. Of course my brilliant son knew who they were! (note that I am proud) :)

Then as I am putting the last pieces together, I ask "Do you know who they are?". Duh...why did I even have a doubt?

My little "wise man" replies...(as sincere as any sweet 6 year old can be)..."that's the THREE PRIZE DUDES".


PRICELESS!



Needless to say, I giggled. He got his feelings hurt because I giggled. And it all went down hill from there. The moment was gone! But I thought I'd share.


Here are some of my nativity collection...
Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving! Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

That is precious! They are growing up so fast...tell em to stop!! :(

Life on the farm... said...

Oh that is too cute....

Valarie Lea said...

I love all your Nativity scenes! You have some good memories there!

I did not see you Sunday, where were you??????????

royster family said...

I just now am seeing your comment on my blog! How are you ? I am reeallly bad about keeping mine updated! I look forward to reading yours! Take care, and have a wonderful Christmas!

Lorie said...

I love and miss my Connie-
Your nativity sets are great what did you get this year?
Love you, Lorie