Thursday, July 10, 2008

Bathtime with my Clay!

Last week we started swimming lessons for the boys! I was tickled at how well Will did. He has been swimming twice a week all summer at daycare.He has gotten pretty good on his own, but doesn't know how to do it "the right way". (Neither do I). He loves swimming, and even jumps off of the diving board sometimes.
On the other hand there's Clay...he seems to hate the water for the most part. He will sit on the steps at the pool, occasionally standing at the edge, but that's about it. Last week (the first night of lessons), all she did was walk around the pool holding him (she called it bonding), while he was screaming for me at the top of his lungs. He was mad at me because I was out of his sight. He thought I left him there with the strange lady in the pool. (No offense Kimberly).
This week he did much better. He told her he didn't want me to leave him there. She told him I could stay as long as he didn't cry. I stayed, he made it through with only a few whimpers, and actually he participated a little.
Last night, during bath time, with goggles AND earplugs, we practiced (a little) and played (a lot) I thought I'd share...Hope you all had a great day!

4 comments:

Debbie said...

This is the photo you pull out for the gal friends one day!

Amanda said...

what a sweet and innocent face!! I hope his leg is healing fine!!

Kerry said...

Cant wait to get this little booger at my school. Miss ya girl come and see us soon. Hey and bring your favorite aunt with you.
How do you put that stuff on yours that says Kajun'Kerry 51 minutes ago? What does that mean? Help me sis I just learning. You need to come to our next bloggin party and bring Deb with ya.

Amanda said...

she was about 14 months old. I met her toward the end of February or beginning of March of '06 and she had turned 1 year old at on Decemeber 19th of '05.